Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One Year ago today

I began my journey. I stepped on the scales for the first time in a very long time and I was shocked at what I saw. I knew my weight had really climbed because I had been to the doctor but I had no idea that it had climbed that high. I was tipping the scales at 289 pounds. My goal was a huge one - 100 pounds in one year. That would be on average 2 pounds a week.

The weight started falling off at a incredible rate. By November I had lost 30 pounds. By Valentines I was 50. Then Summer arrived. I gained and lost the same 5 pounds all Summer long. I changed my exercise, watched my points a little better and that helped but I knew I wouldn't make the goal.

So, today I stepped on the scales - I weighted 207 pounds. I have officially lost 82 pounds. My friend whom I have been on this journey with has lost 71 pounds. I hope to hit the 200 pound mark by my birthday - October 15. So onward I go to lose those last 18 pounds and then lose 20 more after that, to be medically not overweight.

Oh, and today is also Win's birthday. He is 51.

No comments: