Monday, January 19, 2009

One hard headed dog


This is Ethel. She is a Lab mix. My sister has her father. His name is Red. Davis named her when he was 3 years old. She is his dog. She is now 10 years old and is showing some age.
She has a thing about smelling things. She has taken down a row of bushes in our back yard. We have to put Cayenne pepper out to keep her from pulling the branches off the bushes. Our yard is lined with bushes on two sides to make privacy for our pool. She seems to want to mow them down.

If she wants to do something she will do it, if she doesn't want to do something, you can't make her. She sometimes drives me crazy.

She has started growling at the cats lately. She made Calico fall over the other day and I thought Win was going to come unglued.

Win really has a thing for her though. She charms him with her red eye lashes and he is mush around her.

She loves our dog Prince. I have seen them get into a fight though. Like this past summer when the kids and I came home from North Carolina (your house MK) and they got into it in our den. I had to throw water on them. Prince ended up breaking one of her teeth. Cost a pretty penny to get it repaired and she spent the night at the vet. But I have also seen them not speak to each for several days. Prince will make her mad and then she will have nothing to do with him. At some point they kiss and make up.

I told you all that we are weird....

No comments: